Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SALSA/Cha-Cha CHICKEN

After reading the rave reviews of SALSA CHICKEN on the message board, I decided to make use of my surplus of fresh, home-grown tomatoes (for homemade fresh salsa) and frozen chicken tenders.

The result was Viva La Yum! My husband thoroughly enjoyed it...so much so that he spared the last heaping spoon for our neighbors to try. I received a phone call 15 minutes later from them asking for the recipe.

Here it is:

Salsa Chicken (or as I like to refer to it, Cha-Cha Chicken)

Ingredients:

Chicken Breasts or Tenders (I used about 10 medium Chicken tenders - equal to 4 breasts)
Salsa (I made homemade salsa with peeled tomatoes, sweet peppers, red onion, fresh cilantro, apple cider vinegar and lime juice etc.)
Cream of Mushroom Soup (can also use Cream of Chicken)
Shredded Cheddar (use your preferred cheese)
Sour Cream
Taco Seasoning
Tortilla Chips

Method:

Using a crockpot, place chicken pieces in bottom and shake Taco Seasoning over. Stir Salsa and Cream of Mushroom Soup together in a bowl and pour in Crock. Let slow cook according to your time or crockpot specs (for me it was 4 hours). One hour before done, layer a generous heaping of your cheese on top and continue to crock.

Easy? Yes! I reserved some fresh salsa for the end and placed a dollop of sour cream over it with additional sprinkled cheese.

You can serve this easily in soft tacos, tortilla chips or over rice. I made mine over rice using the liquid from the simmering chicken. 1 cup of Rice to 3/4 cup of Salsa Chicken Juice and 1/4 cup water.

My husband cha-cha'd over to the sink to clean up the table when we were done extoling praises for this "keeper dish"

Thanks for stopping bye!
xoxo

No comments: