Saturday, October 25, 2008

FAUX CARAMEL APPLES - Saturday DIY

Saturday DIY How to make Faux Caramel Apples!
FAT FREE is always good!

Here is a wonderful tutorial from Blogger, Janis Settzle, on how to make yummy-looking Faux Caramel Apples. I love how she made these and I think they would look so wonderful in a tall Apothecary Jar or on a pedestal stand!

She shared her method and recipe on these fat-free, guilt-free treats on her blog:

INGREDIENTS:

8 good sized faux apples that you find up in the attic in the Christmas boxes and of course they are in the last container you look in.

8 colored pencils or you can use dowels but I always use what I have sitting around.

8 different ribbon colors and patterns or I guess you could use all the same. Sometimes these can be found tied on or wrapped around other projects.

A good old heavy duty glue gun and lots of glue sticks. I tried my glue pot but it didn't work.

A bottle of craft paint that you have in the basement that looks like the color of caramel.

DIRECTIONS:

Wrap the pencils with the ribbon gluing as you go so it doesn't slip around.

Poke them into the apples in the top.

Drizzle hot glue around the top very generously so it will run down the sides in globs.

Let it cool

Make sure your glue gun is really warmed up and wait about 10 minutes before doing the next one.

Paint the glue with 3 coats of paint. Spray with clear varnish and glue a bow on.

Is she genius or what? Thank you, Janice for sharing this great DIY with Blog world!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yummy looking! So tempting! I want a bite! lol

LollyChops said...

I found you from One Pretty Thing.. what a fantastic site you have here!

Anonymous said...

ohh.. great idea. these are sooo cute. thank you for the inspiration. i may try this!!!